Non Degree Seeking Students
Students may begin study as a Non-Degree Seeking Student for a wide variety of reasons. Non-Degree Status is considered an attractive option if a student:
- Already has a bachelor's degree, but would like to take the necessary courses for teacher's certification; Click here for Teacher Certification Requirements for Non Education Majors.
- Would like to take a few courses before committing to a full degree program;
- Is unable to complete a degree seeking application in time for the semester in which they would like to begin their studies;
- Is a visiting student from another institution.
Students may register through the Registrar's Office as a Non-Degree Seeking Student in undergraduate or graduate courses. Please note that not all courses are open to Non-Degree Seeking Students, and priority for registration is given to Degree Seeking Students. Non-Degree Seeking Students may transfer a specific number of courses once admitted as a Degree Seeking Students. Registration for certain courses may require the signature of the department.
For more information on the requirements for Non-Degree Seeking Status, please visit http://registrar.fiu.edu/index.php?id=167
How to Register
How to Select a Course
- Go to the following web address: https://my.fiu.edu/
- Click on "Class Schedule"
- Choose the Term
- Choose the Campus (For example Modesto A. Maidique Campus)
- Type prefix in Subject box (For example, EDF 1005, type EDF.)
- Click on "Search" button.
- A list of courses should appear.