College of Education Graduate Assistants
The College of Education offers Graduate Assistantships in the form of Teaching Assistantships, Graduate Assistantships or Research Assistantships through the academic programs.
Support from a COE Faculty Member, Program Leader , or administrator is required for submission of a GA application. New or current students interested in becoming a COE Graduate Assistant should contact the Program Leader of the COE graduate program to which they have been accepted, or a known COE faculty member or administrator.
Below are basic guidelines for COE Graduate Assistantships:
- Student must be accepted into a current COE graduate program and be enrolled full time for tuition waivers (i.e., 9 graduate credit hours during Fall & Spring semester and 6 graduate credit hours during some combination of Summer A, B, and/or C).
- Student must be employed by the College for 20 hours per week to obtain a tuition waiver (which pays approximately 80% of the total tuition costs at an in-state rate) and stipend (payment for the 20 hours of work each week).
- All Graduate Assistants working full-term appointments for 20 hours per week are required to participate in a health insurance plan unless their insurance company will certify equivalent coverage. Go to the University Graduate School GA Page for detailed information on health insurance premiums for TAs, GAs, and RAs.
- Out-of-state students working a 10 hour a week appointment in the COE are eligible to pay in-state tuition rates, but no fee waiver is provided.
- While working as a Graduate Assistant, no other employment is permitted.
- Additional information can be found at the University Graduate School GA Page
- Contact Katie Schmidbauer at (305) 348-2723 or email@example.com with any questions.
COE Graduate Assistant Application (PDF) (DOC) - Application with directions for submission.
COE Departmental use only:
- TA Credentialing Form - Departments hiring a Teaching Assistant must submit this form for all Teaching Assistants for each course.
- GA/TA Evaluation Form - Graduate Assistants/Teaching Assistants Evaluation. The deadline to submit the GA/TA Evaluation Form to the University Graduate School is the last day of each term.
- GA Employment Agreement Forms - Form completed by department to hire TAs/RAs/GAs. Go to the University Graduate School GA Page for annual forms.