Office of Technology
The Office of Educational Technology provides resources, technical assistance, and equipment to assist the FIU College of Education faculty, staff and students. Classroom Support services include assisting instructors with the operation of classroom technology, installing, maintaining, and supporting classroom technology.
The College of Education IT Department will be a leader in providing effective technology and quality services and support that are integrated into the
daily activities of the FIU College of Education, advance teaching and learning, enhance productivity and safeguard information. A well trained IT staff keeps hardware and software up-to-date and running smoothly. Technical problems are resolved quickly and users have the tools they need.
Our mission is to supply the technology and information services needed to fulfill the requirements of the FIU College of Education, now and in the future. We are dedicated to helping use these services to fully meet their professional and academic needs.
These services include but are not limited to:
- Providing, maintaining, and supporting hardware and software
- Maintaining and providing access to mission critical data within a secure environment
- Providing documentation, education and training for the FIU College of Education
The College of Education IT Department goals are as follows:
- Provide a technological environment that is continueally upgraded and up to date in support of the College's mission, divisions and departments.
- Future growth: to be scallable and easely trainable both academic and applications non academic (adminstrative)
- Establish internal parternships and collaborations in order to advance the College as per the FIU Strategic Plan.
- Maximization of IT Funding.
In order to achieve our goals, the IT team shares a common set of values:
- Practice awareness of developments in the field of technology and continue to provide leadership for the COE in the use of beneficial new technological developments.
- Strong ethical commitment to perform professionally and responsibly
- Compassion for all members of Florida International University
- Build collaborative relationships, partnerships, and teams to assure success for the department and its customers.
Our office is located in ZEB 269. The staff can also be reached by calling (305) 348-2499 or you may e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.