Office of Academic Writing and Publication Support
The mission of the Office of Academic Writing and Publication Support is to help students: to improve their basic technical writing skills; to develop their critical thinking skills through writing; to foster understanding of the writing, research, and publication process; and, ultimately, to increase publications of both students and faculty.
Office of Writing and Publication Support Objectives:
- To improve technical writing skills
- To improve critical reading and reflection skills
- To encourage all members of the college to publish
- To guide students through the writing for publication process
- To develop proofreading, editing, and friendly reader abilities
- To develop the ability to use feedback from peer reviewers and instructors in redrafting of a formal academic paper.
- To produce individual manuscripts, which are well organized, succinct, and have the potential to add value to the field.
Sponsored by COE Title V CLAVE: Creating Latino Access to a Valuable Education
- Writing Support Circles
- Publication Support Circles
- Writing, Research, and Publication Discussion Groups
- Writing Resources
- APA workshops